Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mock Report for Collegefashionista.com! : Downtown Darling

As we hit the mid November mark, fall fashion is at its prime and filling the air at Illinois State University. Students are busting out their warm sweaters, winter jackets and scarves to stay trendy, yet weather appropriate for the fall season.  This fashionista caught my eye with her vintage purse, bright red nail polish, and a draped scarf that complimented falls’ freshly raked leaves. As we talked about fashion over a cup of coffee, I got to know more in depth about Taylors style inspiration, what her personal style was, and also what was on her “Wish List” for the upcoming season. Her outfit today was made casual by wearing brown flat boots, but could definitely be dressed up with heels for an evening occasion. To give her outfit a grunge look, a leather jacket was essential to keep warm and stay edgy on this chilly afternoon. Last but not least, the touch of red nail polish pulled the whole look together and gave it a little spice next to her generally black and brown color pallet.  Looks like this fashionista is ready to keep cozy and cute this fall season!




My brief interview with Taylor:

Q: What’s your name, age and hobbies?
A: My name is Taylor B. I’m19.  I like to make my own jewelry. I love clothes, shopping and also thrifting.

Q: Describe your personal style:
A: It’s a mix between grunge with “classy” pieces. I love black clothing and anything vintage.

Q: Who are your fashion icons?
A: Rachel Zoe, Zoey Deschanel, Lykke LI. I’m always looking at street style and going on websites like lookbook.nu.

Q: What’s on your wish list at the moment?
A: Vintage clothes from my grandmas closet. I really want some black wedges a better leather jacket, high wasted black pants and a turban for the winter.

Q: What are your favorite stores to shop at?
A: Forever 21, H&M, Target, GoodWill, TJ Maxx and Von Maur.

Q: Where is your today’s look from?
A:  My jewelry is from F21, a shop in Italy and Target. My boots are from target, shirt-TJ Maxx, slip- GoodWill. The scarf, my sister got for me in Italy and the purse was also thrifted from GoodWill. Oh! And my leather Jacket is from Freedom To Be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment