Monday, November 21, 2011

Akira Fashion Show 2011

Having gone to an Akira fashion show in 2010, and seeing how the whole event comes together, the idea of possibly working for them in the future once I finally move to Chicago, has been bouncing crazily around in my head. Possibly even a little obsessively.. but my first step in achieving this is to get an internship with Akira. Internships are a great way to let them get a feel for your strengths and talents that could prove useful to them in the futre.  I've never done an internship yet, but to start and get a feel for a runway production, working with Akira could show me a thing or two about how everything works. My dream would be to style the models on the runway or help pick out the overall theme for the show. A fashion forecasting class that I took last year, taught me about the process of predicting future trends by drawing ideas and concepts from the street, runway, what consumers want, past trends, popular colors etc. Some fashion forecasters travel all of the world to gather information in order to make predictions on what trends are going to be popular or what aren't. Sounds like a difficult job, but the challenge must be exciting and interesting. Hopefully one day I will be working in the industry as a stylist or forecaster. Wooo!

Found this video and it made me a tad bit excited for my soon-to-be new life in the big city :)

No comments:

Post a Comment